Palm leaves are hanging in all stores of NYC and every online shopping platform – in different shapes and shades of green. What happened? How did the palm leaf print get trendy again – or did the leaf never leave? I stumbled over several posts about this tropical print that are at least two years old and I re-discovered a green palm leaf print beach wrap in my closet – I love when that happens.
In Egypt the palm tree is considered a tree of life and symbolizes immortality. So positive symbolism! The print doesn’t just look good on clothes but also on accessories like bags, jewelry and can be very decorative as wallpaper! And if you don’t like palm leaves, there is also lots of stuff out there in banana leaf prints and watermelon prints.
Convinced? Here are some ideas how to get your tropical print on ( link to shops at bottom of post):
Where to shop – check-out some inspiration here:
- Top image – Dress by Marine Layers
- Dress by Sika Design on ASOS
- Banana Leaf Bikini Bottom – hey why not Banana?
- Leaf Print skirt in blue & black – kinda cool!
- Pillow – check-out pillows by Eva Sonaike
- Wallpaper – get inspired by Justina Blakeney / Image by clintonfriedman collections
- Black & White palm print overlay dress on Asos >> love this but it’s pricey
- Palm Print Dress JC Penny >> love this one, bought it!
- Black & White Palm Leaf Print Dress JCPenny
- For Men – Tropic Print Tank by Forever21
- Tropical Cami Crop Top by Forever21
- Palm Leaf Print Trouser by Forever21
- Palm Leaf Print Jumpsuit by TopShop